Today’s Hot Topics
- President Obama nominates Robert Cordray to run the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau…why not Elizabeth Warren?
- Rupert Murdoch, Rebekah Brooks and James Murdoch testify before British Parliament today
- Debt ceiling talks continue
- The debt ceiling negotiations continue. House Budget Committee Ranking Member Chris Van Hollen (D-MD-8) tells us the latest.
- Rupert Murdoch’s empire continues to crumble, and causes others to falter as well. NBC News National Investigative Correspondent Michael Isikoff has been following this story.
- Qorvis Communications partner and Capital Gains and Games editor Stan Collender breaks down the details of what exactly will happen on August 2nd if a debt deal is not reached.
- Congresswoman Kathy Hochul (D-NY-26) gives us her thoughts on the debt talks, and the lessons learned from her recent special election.
- Who’s in Charge Here? Not Boehner! – Bill’s Latest Column
- No Fight for Elizabeth Warren – Bill’s Latest Parting Shot
- Bill on the road: Catch Bill with Chicago’s WCPT on Wednesday July 20th, at the Marion Street Cheese Market in Oak Park, IL at 5:30 PM
- Bill on the road: Catch Bill with Ithaca’s 1470 WNYY on September 24th with Randi Rhodes and Alan Colmes at the Hangar Theatre!
- Purchase a podcast subscription and listen to the show anytime you want, on your computer, iPod, or .mp3 player!
- TOXIC TALK: How The Radical Right Has Poisoned America’s Airwaves – Get a personalized and signed copy here
- Follow the show on Twitter. Bill tweets live from the White House press briefings!
- Bill is on Facebook. Become a fan of his new page here!