It’s hard to tell, these days, what the Republican Party stands for. But there’s no doubt what it’s against. It’s against anything good for America.
Think about it. Just this year. The Republican Party opposed:
* The stimulus program – $787 billion for new jobs. Good for America. Republicans were against it.
* Bailing out the auto industry – saving the Big Three. And it worked. Good for America. Republicans were against it.
* The Summer Olympics 2016. Good for Chicago. Good for America. Republicans were against it.
* Health Care Reform. Making sure every American family has basic, affordable health insurance. Great for America. Republicans are against it.
* The Nobel Peace Prize for Barack Obama. Good for him, but great prestige and honor for America. Of course, Republicans were against it.
Is there nothing good for America Republicans are for? Nope. Not even good financial news.
- The Dow shoots up over 10,000. Soaring 53% since its 12-year low back in March. Great for America. And, wouldn’t you know it? Republicans were against it.
Frankly, I think they should change their name.
They’re no longer the Republican Party. They’re the Hate America Party.
That’s my parting shot for today.