Oh, my God!
A Virginia federal judge rules that the health care reform legislation is unconstitutional.
Oh, my God!
That’s the end of health care reform. It’s all over. Obama might as well admit defeat. And we might as well repeal the whole damned thing.
That’s what Republicans say. That’s what they want us to believe. But we’re not that stupid. We know the facts.
1. There are 25 different lawsuits against the health care law. This is only one of them.
2. This is not the first ruling by a federal court on the law. This is actually the third. In both of the other two cases, judges have ruled the law IS constitutional.
3. One of those cases was also in Virginia, just 115 miles away.
4. The judge in this case was appointed by President Bush and is a well-known extreme conservative.
5. Judge Henry Hudson also owns stock in Campaign Strategies, which ran campaigns this year for John Boehner, Michelle Bachmann, and John McCain – all of whom ran on a promise to repeal health care reform.
6. He should have recused himself, or been barred from hearing this case.
Bottom line: This is just a bump in the road. No matter what Republicans say, health care reform is here to stay.
That’s my parting shot for today.