Watching President Obama in the East Room of the White House yesterday afternoon, I said to myself: Add one more item to the list of “Promises Made, Promises Delivered.”
We’ve talked about a lot of them before.
- Health Insurance for Almost All American Families – Done!
- Digging Our Way Out of the Worst Recession since the Great Depression – Done!
- Saving the American Auto Industry – Done!
- Cracking Down on Wall Street Banks – Done!
And now the latest:
- Providing Relief to America’s Small Business – Done!
Legislation signed by the president yesterday provides eight new tax breaks for small businesses – on top of eight previously approved by the administration.
It also makes available $30 billion in loans for small business to enable them to expand and hire more people.
It’s an important step in generating more economic growth. It’s a bill any Republican could have written and be proud of voting for.
Yet, just because it was President Obama’s plan, Republicans in the Senate blocked it for months. And, in the end, only two Republicans voted for it.
With his signature on the Small Business Bill yesterday, the list keeps growing. For President Obama: Promises Made, Promises Delivered!
That’s’ my parting shot for today.