Of all the crazy ideas I’ve heard of, this is the craziest of all: the suggestion that President Obama should play golf with Rush Limbaugh.
Why not? – say some conservatives. After all, they’re both golfers.
That’s ridiculous. According to the PGA, there are 27 million golfers in the United States. Is Obama supposed to play golf with every one of them?
Besides, I can think of ten good reasons not to play golf with Rush Limbaugh.
- 1. You’d have to smell his cigar.
- 2. You’d be trapped in a golf cart with him.
- 3. He’d never shut up.
- 4. You couldn’t just turn off your radio.
- 5. He’d always hit to the far right side of the fairway.
- 6. He’d cheat.
- 7. He’d exaggerate how good every shot of his was.
- 8. He’d never give you credit for any shot of yours.
- 9. He’d lie about his score. And….
- 10. Who wants to play golf with a bigot?
Now, if the President’s looking for a more fun golfing buddy, I’m free this weekend. Fore!
That’s my parting shot for today.